Applications for admission to B.Ed course are issued by the college. Completed application for admission should be sent to the Principal, Anna Vinayagar College of Education,Main Road, Ganapathipuram - 629502. Students admitted to the course would be notified by post. Such student must confirm his/her admission by paying the prescribed fees within 7 days from date of notification failing which the admission will stand cancelled automatically. At the time of admission he/she should bring all his/her original certificates along with adequate photo copies and a passport size photograph. Originals once handed over to the college office will be returned only at the end of the course. Admitted students should attend the college on the opening day itself.
Prospective teachers are expected to follow certain etiquettes which will ensure smooth functioning of the institution and uphold the virtues expected from prospective teachers.
1. Classes commence with daily assembly at 9.40 a.m. and will end at 4.20 p.m. Lunch break is from 12.50 p.m. to 1.20p.m.
2. The institution demands 100% attendance. Prior permission from the Principal is required to avail oneself leave. 85% attendance is, however, required to qualify for the final examination. The prospective teachers should be punctual to classes and every other event.
3. A gate pass from the principal is required to leave the premises during college hours.
4. Prospective teachers are expected to move quickly and quietly when they go from one class to another.
5. Prospective teachers are expected to read the notice on the college notice board. Ignorance of any notice will not be accepted as an excuse for failing to comply with it.
6. Prospective teachers should be neat and decent in their dress and manners.
7. Prospective teachers must be courteous in and outside the college in speech and action.
8. Prospective teachers should consider college property as their own and should cause no willful damage.
9. Use of cell phone is strictly prohibited inside the college campus.
10. Regularity and Punctuality for class tests, term tests and model exams are stressed. Disobedience, irregular attendance, bad conduct and non-observance of the rules of the college shall be met with strong disciplinary action.
11. Prospective teachers indulging in eve-teasing will be dealt with very severely.